• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ron Kamonohashi's Forbidden Deductions (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:25 pm Reply with quote
A case about espers this week. The case itself was not all that difficult to solve, yet the characters never fail to amuse. New this week is the clumsy doctor who is somehow not clumsy when it is time to cut people open. Ironic about the episode is Ron stating that special abilities do not exist while his own brand of hypnosis to get killers to kill themselves seems an example of just that. Said ability made things a bit dangerous this week, sooner or later Toto might end up paying the piper.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:11 pm Reply with quote
So, what seemed like a vacation has turned into a 3 parter case wise. I think the flashlight and fishwire make things quite clear as to the how and why, but it sure is an exciting case thus far. It might also have some connection to Ron's past.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:56 pm Reply with quote
And another one done, Ron is a fun detective series with fun/zany characters and some pretty solid cases. Most of the cases are a bit on the simple side (even I could guess some of them) yet they are all entertaining nonethless. There is also the main storyline regarding Ron's heritage, the House of M and Blue that seems interesting.

Season two has been announced, so it will continue.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't really following it as much as others probably were, but when they said that Ron had ancestry to Sherlock Holmes I kind of lost more interest, figuring out that The House of M had to refer to Moriarty. We did have a very good Moriarty anime, but there was also a Sherlock anime that wasn't that cool. I get the feeling they just showed their hand Ron being a character who's good and bad side fighting each other is his Holmes and Moriarty sides, so literal evil genes. Not something I will probably want going into a second half.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2