• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Wonderful Precure! Episodes 1-12 Anime Review

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamiChan19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for yet another Precure review, Rebecca! Smile
I always enjoy reading them.

Wonderful Precure has lost me a bit, admittedly. In terms of the art and animation, it feels a bit stiff and uninspired when it comes to scene composition, the lack of motion etc. Expressions though, are luckily still very fun. I also grew tired of the dynamic of only Komugi & Iroha, but Nyammy's premiere and how much I love Mayu has me excited for what is to come in the story.

In terms of art, everything in episode 12 was (in my opinion) the best that the series has looked so far. I'd love to see it keep up!

Last edited by CamiChan19 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:36 pm Reply with quote
The reaction to Wonderful Precure reminds me of the fandom reaction to Kira Kira which fans also criticized for years for it's lack of physical fighting but it's gotten more fans in recent years and has been one of my favorites. I'm also really enjoying Wonderful and Cure Nyammy has been my favorite so far.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:41 pm Reply with quote
This being only the second Precure I have seen more than 3 episodes of after watching Hirogaru sky from start to finish, I'm really liking this one so far! I thought that last series had charisma, but this somehow has even more so, I like all the characters and it's made me laugh multiple times. I am begging and praying Daifuku gets to become a precure later or at the very least gets to talk, he has not spoken an actual word and I love them greatly. I suppose my only complaint is that I'm so entertained by just the kids and their pets that the actual magical girl stuff has been more of an afterthought for me until recently with Cure Nyammy's introduction. While yes, it is nice that there was actual action with her arrival, I'm really curious to finally figure out what her deal is since I've been speculating about her a lot for the past few weeks. The cures not fighting is something that, while it doesn't make me lose sleep at night, I do admit they don't always have the most exciting means of subduing the animals. it's very hit or miss and while I can say it's one of the weaker aspects of the show, I can at least respect it given the set up for this series.

I'm obviously not too familiar with what's expected of these series and I can see Mayu not being a Precure yet somewhat frustrating (As a digimon fan the wait for Angoromon to digivolve in ghost game was long and the wait... honestly wasn't worth it lol) but Ageha took a minute to transform last time and similar to how Hirogaru made the cures it had work alongside with Ageha being a continuous presence I think this one is doing a good job of that was well since Mayu is constantly getting characterized along with Yuki. (That's certainly something Ghost Game could have used... alot)

Anywho Komogi and Iroha are a lot of fun, I think the only time I was ever annoyed with Komugi was literally the one time in the little argument arc but that was less the show I think and more because that was the only episode I watched after waking up in the morning, was still half asleep and was trying to watch it before going to work lol. Even then that two-parter wasn't anywhere near as annoying as it could have been and otherwise this has been a joy to pop on weekly. Did I mention I also love Daifuku and hope they get to talk, any pet who calls their owner a "real one" is one I have to hear talk lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3