• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love After World Domination (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:36 am Reply with quote

Love After World Domination (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, romance, science fiction
Themes: superhero

Plot Summary: Fudo Aikawa and Desumi Magahara are in love. There's only one small problem: they are mortal enemies. Fudo is the red ranger and leader of the fighting force Gelato 5, while Desumi is the reaper princess of the evil organization Gekko. To make matters worse, neither of them have ever been in a relationship before. They have to keep their budding romance a secret, while figuring out how to be in a relationship and juggle their real life responsibilities along the way.

Apr. 8, 2022 (Fridays; Crunchryroll, FUNimation)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ACxS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:38 pm Reply with quote
1:

Hmm nah, I'm not feeling it.

To be fair, I was mildly interested in the premise: the odd-couple rom-com. Hardly original, but if you know how to make it work, it can be fun. From the onset, I can tell that it's a B-grade show but even that I don't mind. I was even hoping that this show would pull off something like Astro Fighter Sunred, where the quirkiness alone carries the show (I love that show btw).

It's just that Fudo and Desumi are too... vanilla. Too bland. Same for the rest of the Gelato Team. I just can't sense any chemistry from the get-go. There has to be some kind of quirkiness, wit or self-awareness to make a premise that's already unoriginal work. I don't feel any of that.

I'll pass this one. I was hoping for something more tbh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1