• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete (TV)

Genres: romance
Themes: school

Plot Summary: The story is set one autumn at the beginning of the 21st century in the Uchihama area. Uchihama Academy is growing by leaps and bounds. With the construction of a new school building, there will be one last General Club Festival at the old building that is slated to be closed. The students vow to go all out to make this final cultural festival a success.

The Astronomy Club of the protagonist Sou Akiyama is filled with the big names on campus. Just before the festival on October 1, the club receives a request from the student executive committee to calm the uneasiness among the students. There are reports of ghost sightings, accidents, sleeping sickness, and other mysterious incidents at the old building. When Yui Furukawa, a quiet girl who transfered late into the school, appears before Sou, the gears of fate slowly begin to move.
----------------------------------

Based off of a visual novel, I kinda like the premise with the Astronomy Club. And given the way it's described, I'm expecting mystery especially with that Furukawa girl. This was announced awhile ago with feels being in charge of the anime adaptation.

I'm expecting 1 cour and hopefully regular drawn visuals rather than CGI.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if it was the quality of the stream, but it seemed like they mixed 2d visuals and cgi . Well this seems like any other harem, but I like mediocre harems so I will keep watching this.

That end though... I was kind of glad to see a spoiler[confession] in the first episode but it seems like that spoiler["world" got erased or something]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Basic school life & astronomy club.
The usual bickering between clubs..
Some love/crush problems.
Tragedy & mystery encounter.
Basically it's OK.
Still lacks that certain something to get me interested.
Skipping it.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
thought for a moment there we were getting lucky and getting the spoiler[main pair, paired up] in the first episode.

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I don't know if it was the quality of the stream, but it seemed like they mixed 2d visuals and cgi .

it kinda looks like Feel teamed up with Polygon Pictures, since it looks sort of like Sidonia did
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
thought for a moment there we were getting lucky and getting the spoiler[main pair, paired up] in the first episode.

Nah, that's a total spoiler[death flag] I saw coming a mile away. It just gave off an "innocent looking show takes a dark turn" vibe the whole time.

For the visuals, I'd say it's 3D models with a 2D paint job. It did get pretty distracting at times.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Nah, that's a total spoiler[death flag] I saw coming a mile away. It just gave off an "innocent looking show takes a dark turn" vibe the whole time.

yeah, I saw it too, but I had a sight hope that would be subverted
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
And of course you know that despite how that scene played out, spoiler[the childhood friend is going to be kicked to the sidelines so the MC can hook up with the mysterious girl.] Because that's how these things usually go.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm not quite sure what to make of this one yet. I'll keep watching, though.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I wonder where that spoiler[mysterious girl came from. Also, what happened at the end there? Was there some sort of reset or something after the car accident? Weird.]

Animation is weak but I'm interested to see where the plot goes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
spoiler[Also, what happened at the end there? Was there some sort of reset or something after the car accident? Weird.]

Probably something like that. spoiler[The scene in the credits is a scene from earlier in the episode and that's when the timelines diverge, apparently.]
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
This one's interesting. I want to see where this goes. Really nice mood in the shooting star scene with that lighthouse, and some cool shot composition of combinations of extreme closeups and medium shots.

And yeah, it does seem like there's some CG modelling going on in the characters which I'm not a fan of at all, but the fact that an appreciable amount of it seems drawn (though not particularly well animated) is enough for me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

*watching episode*
Isn't this kind of familiar? That's right, it is like every other harem anime, you can like tick off the clichés. Feels like it has been a while since I watched a pure one though.

*spoiler[she has the guts to confess]*
Wow, they are actually having spoiler[a confession], now he can't spoiler[be the super thick character he looked like]. Wait a minute..... spoiler[This is a deathflag isn't it]?!
You got me show, spoiler[seeing her stumble removed all doubt].

With time travel involved maybe they can do something good, or the might use it as an excuse. Well so far I characters seem way too similar to the likes of Waiting in the Sumer, and Love, Elections & Chocolate. Hopefully this will be a bit better.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
So my guess is spoiler[after Kaori's death Sou went all mad scientist, probably along with Airi, and invented time travel in order to send Yui back to save Kaori.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So my guess is spoiler[after Kaori's death Sou went all mad scientist, probably along with Airi, and invented time travel in order to send Yui back to save Kaori.]

Hmm, pretty much what I had thought as well but also with a bit of spoiler[memory going wacky.]

Animation quality dropped a bit this episode imo.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Your spoiler[clothes], give them to me. We all know the spoiler[girl that had no clothes is from the future], and her robotic nature makes it too perfect. So the spoiler[ghost images are time distortions]? I think that I am banking on her spoiler[being a artificial human], probably part of a giant submarine based on how she acts and looks.

I do think it is a bit shaky why you would just pick up a naked amnesiac, take her home, don't tell the teachers, and then spoiler[enrol her in school].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4