• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote
@ Ggultra2764, prepare to laugh at me, but I spent almost exactly $100 on it.
I've been keeping an eye out for a couple of years without seeing any great bargains on that volume — and seemingly precious few offered for sale at all. So in the end I picked a slow month and blew most of my month's purchasing on it.
I prefer getting a canny bargain, but this still makes me very happy!
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Amazon Japan has a returns email for english speaking people? My Gurren Lagann box arrived today and it has some weird spots on the outer box. I'm being EXTREMELY anal about this (its hard to notice unless you look at the right angle), but it was a lot of money Sad.
lem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
^sorry to hear about that. My GL blu box was packed incredibly well (quite ridiculously so, actually). It arrived inside a box that was within a box, and in great shape.

I've been most fortunate so far, I have yet to return anything I've ever ordered from Amzn JP.

Amazon Japan Returns Center link <-- Note that that is not 100% english, you'll be asked to sign in to your account and then create a return label for your purchase (that's as far I've gone through the process in just these past few minutes)

Quote:

Returns and Refunds
The accepted returns period for items sold by Amazon.co.jp is normally 30 days starting from the date the order is delivered (except for certain items that can’t be returned). If you return an item to us after this accepted returns period, 20% of the refund amount is deducted, so please be sure to confirm the product condition of each item delivered as soon as you can.

To make a return, visit our Online Returns Center and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure before sending the item back.

Our returns policy varies depending on the type of item being returned. Visit the links below to learn more. For information about refunds, click here.

And this is the Amzn JP link related to the above for contacting them via email Contact Us
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
While it is not anime but I received two packages today containing video games. The first and largest held Tales of Xillia Limited Edition. I really was looking forward to this game. I had to have the limited edition because of all the goodies you get with it. The second package held Tales of Grace F. I got it on sale at the Namco Bandai online store. The packaging made no sense. The game was put in a big box with nothing else. Rolling Eyes Anyways I look forward to playing either game very soon. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote
lem wrote:
^sorry to hear about that. My GL blu box was packed incredibly well (quite ridiculously so, actually). It arrived inside a box that was within a box, and in great shape.

I've been most fortunate so far, I have yet to return anything I've ever ordered from Amzn JP.

Amazon Japan Returns Center link <-- Note that that is not 100% english, you'll be asked to sign in to your account and then create a return label for your purchase (that's as far I've gone through the process in just these past few minutes)

Quote:

Returns and Refunds
The accepted returns period for items sold by Amazon.co.jp is normally 30 days starting from the date the order is delivered (except for certain items that can’t be returned). If you return an item to us after this accepted returns period, 20% of the refund amount is deducted, so please be sure to confirm the product condition of each item delivered as soon as you can.

To make a return, visit our Online Returns Center and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure before sending the item back.

Our returns policy varies depending on the type of item being returned. Visit the links below to learn more. For information about refunds, click here.

And this is the Amzn JP link related to the above for contacting them via email Contact Us

Thanks for the info. I haven't returned anything to Amazon Japan either, but my returns experience with Amazon US and Canada have been really good, so hopefully it's the same here. To be honest I'm not sure I want to return it. It almost looks like something was pressing against the plastic the box was in, and there all these tiny abrasions on the outer box. It's really difficult to see (you need the right light), so I'm wondering if Amazon would even accept a return. If this was a <$100 release, it wouldn't even be an issue Laughing .
wormraper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Vampire Knight Guilty complete collection for $16
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Just bought This Boy Can Fight Aliens on DVD off Amazon.

Also, I got confirmation today that my pre-orders of Garden of Words and Tsuritama just shipped out today. Thinking this won't be the last time I buy something from Sentai this month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:08 am Reply with quote
Just won auctions for all four Kamichu DVDs at a total of $38. Not too shabby, IMO.
Nummy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Cromartie High School Vols. 1-4 (Complete) off eBay for £10. Not bad for an OOP series Smile[/b]
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:08 am Reply with quote
Got the following yesterday

Gravitation complete collection
Lovely Complex complete collection
Cowboy Bebop BD collectors edition part 1

This is the first time that I've bought a show on BD that I already own on DVD, but Cowboy Bebop is definitely worth it! I do love that show.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
The Princess and the Pilot BD
Haruhi Suzumiya Novels 6-9
Higurashi-When They Cry Vol. 22
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quote
Little Witch Academia $100 tier

Kaze Hikaru vol. 21
Nummy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:08 am Reply with quote
To celebrate Eid:

Tiger and Bunny DVD/BD combo part 1
Eva 1.11 blu ray
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:33 am Reply with quote
Allah be praised! Wink
Xshinobi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:36 am Reply with quote
I just got Another and Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1058 of 1400