• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Url is missing?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:39 pm Reply with quote
About a week ago, I entered "half hour" for the running time of an anime. I recently timed it myself, and tried to enter the more accurate time of 25 minutes. Instead of replacing my old information with my new information, it just told me "Url is missing" and would not allow me to change it. I got the same message when trying to enter episode titles today. Yesterday I was able to enter information normally. Is this some kind of error, or is it a new rule? Do I have to come up with a url every time I want to enter any kind of new information?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Yep, we just added this rule a few minutes ago. With the amount of data being entered in the encyc, not having a source is starting to get problematic. I guess it's easier to not enter the url so people have gotten lazy; it wasn't enough to just say "optional but appreciated", so now it's mandatory.

Besides, it doesn't have to be a URL:
Quote:
URL where this information can be verified and/or explanation of where it comes from

So you might want to simply write "I timed it myself"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1