• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Titles with incorrect formats

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if this topic goes in any of the major threads but there's a couple of anime and AFAIK, one live-action title that is listed as one thing but they're different. Here are examples:

anime#16592

This is a ONA, just like Saintia Sho, the CG reboot and the first half of Sailor Moon Crystal are. It got on TV later on but it's original broadcast in Japan was on Bandai Channel.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-16/saint-seiya-soul-of-gold-global-streaming-announced-in-promo-video/.86028

anime#367

This is a TV special that Funimation incorrectly advertised as a movie meanwhile Discotek's release lists it as the 8th TV special.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1305684611524112384
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eh65G5OU0AAVmc9?format=jpg&name=orig

anime#3832
anime#3561

These two premiered in theaters before the Sailor Moon R & SuperS movies respectively so one of these is incorrect.

anime#3782

This one is debatable because it was technically a V-Cinema (direct-to-video special) and there is at least one page in the encyclopedia that's listed as a V-Cinema.

anime#21666

EDIT:

anime#3781
anime#3780

These two are movies, they premiered as part of triple features with each year's Super Sentai and Metal Hero films, just like Hakaider did in 1995.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3957&page=22
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1