• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Companies.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Xebec, XEBEC M2, XEBEC-M2

Actually "XEBEC". XEBEC M2 (preferred of the two) is apparently a unit of XEBEC.

Xexis, Xexiz

Unknown.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
* Zuiyo Eizo, Zuiyô Enterprise, Zuyô Eizô = Nippon Animation of old.

Admittedly, the linked source is Wikipedia, but I also recall this from my work on the second edition of The Anime Encyclopedia.

I also found only this Wiki site. Both the english and japanese Nippon Animation site don't mention anything before 1975.
I must admit, as Nippon Animation was not founded as a name change of Zuiyo Eizo, but a split (with Zuiyo being the other party), I think it's best to keep the companies separated, and thus not merging the "Zuiyo" entries with Nippon Animation.

P.S. regarding the "X" entries, I'mnot going to edit your post, because that's all I had, too. Admitted, there weren't that much entries with X Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:20 pm Reply with quote
(correct entry/entries are marked in bold)

*Yomiko Advertising, Inc. and Yumiko Advertising
Source : the Yumiko website

*Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation, Yomiyuri Telecasting Corp., Yomiuri Television, Yomiuri TV, Yomiuri TV Enterprise, Yumiuri Television and YTV
Source : the YTV website and the corresponding Wikipedia entry

*Yonchome Factory and Yoncyome Factory

*Young Sunday and Weekly Young Sunday
Source : the Young Sunday website

*YTV (Canada), YTV Canada Inc. and Ytv(Canada)
Source : according to the website, the correct name is YTV, but to make a difference with YTV Japan, the Canada geographical indicator is OK

*Yumeta Company and Yumeta, Co.
Source : the Yumeta website
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:24 pm Reply with quote
We finally made it to the 'Z'
For the last time : correct entry/entries are marked in bold and if you have further corrections or additional information, don't hesitate to send them in.

*Zero G - Room, Zero G Room, Zero-G Room and Zero-G-Room
Source : Radix company info
Most of these duplicates were already noticed and proven by Samurai CDZ
Note : On the Radix page, it is stated that Zero-G-Room is affiliated with Radix. Should these be considered duplicates (like doc-watson42 suggested) ?

*Zettai Shonen Project and Zettai Shounen Production
Source : the Zettai Shonen website, provided by doc-watson42

*Zuiyo Eizo, Zuiyô Enterprise and Zuyô Eizô
Source : a Wikipedia entry on Nippon Animation

For these duplicates, can anybody give the correct name (with proof) ?
*Zack Production and Zak Productions
*Zack Promotion, ZAK Promotion and Zakku Promotion

Last edited by woelfie on Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:08 am; edited 3 times in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quote
So what do you want to do now? Report this to Dan and Mr. Macdonald, in hopes we can get someone to work on these?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
So what do you want to do now? Report this to Dan and Mr. Macdonald, in hopes we can get someone to work on these?

Each Encyclopedist has one or several areas to handle. While Dan is omnipotent, I don't have the authority to manage the company database, nor do I know any other staff sans Dan can take care of them.

I thank you and woelfie for the hard work. You have my gratitudes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:

Each Encyclopedist has one or several areas to handle. While Dan is omnipotent, I don't have the authority to manage the company database, nor do I know any other staff sans Dan can take care of them.

Okay—perhaps it's time he appointed someone, or otherwise stepped in.

dormcat wrote:

You're welcome, and thank you for noticing!
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

Maybe Dan might tell us whether or not it's easier to make the corrections now that we've compiled the information. If not, he can provide us with the format which will make it just a copy/paste job. Dan, are you receiving ?
I suppose it's still work, and there are more important things to do (like daytime jobs Wink )
dormcat wrote:

Although adding new information has been delayed a bit, I'm happy to contribute this way to correct the information. What else should I do with my spare time ? Cool (just joking)
doc, when do we start with the duplicate people ? Laughing
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote
woelfie wrote:
doc, when do we start with the duplicate people ? :lol:

<G> I'd thought of that, too, though dormcat has been working on them (bottom of the page).

We could also compile a list of duplicate tasks—one has been started in the Encyclopedia Suggestion List.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
We could also compile a list of duplicate tasks—one has been started in the Encyclopedia Suggestion List.

I've been thinking of that, too. Especially since I've already seen (and written down !) a lot of remarkably strange tasks, such as "Linguistic Consultation", "Workmanships Sound Columns", "Engineer For Acustic Dubbing" (sic) or even "Burning" Shocked or "Companies" Rolling Eyes
However, it would be much much much easier for us if we had a complete list of existing tasks (hint hint). You can only find a duplicate if you see it used somewhere in ANN. Not the best way to find out, is it ?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
<G> I'd thought of that, too, though dormcat has been working on them (bottom of the page).

You might not have noticed, but the small icon (a piece of dog-eared paper in portrait position) locater beside the date and time of the post is actually clickable. That directly links to a specific post.

woelfie wrote:
Especially since I've already seen (and written down !) a lot of remarkably strange tasks, such as "Linguistic Consultation", "Workmanships Sound Columns", "Engineer For Acustic Dubbing" (sic) or even "Burning"

While the latter three are ridiculous, "linguistic consultation" is not uncommon, especially when the story requires dialects other than Kansai-ben.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:

You might not have noticed, but the small icon (a piece of dog-eared paper in portrait position) locater beside the date and time of the post is actually clickable. That directly links to a specific post.

No, I had not noticed. ^_^; However, I wanted to keep the pages as-is (rather than have your post be at the top of a page, as would be the case with the manual URL hacks I have been using), since in that post you were specific about what and where you had worked on.

As for duplicate tasks, IMHO if we are going to go it, we should start a new thread, and ask that it be stickied, rather than, say, using an existing thread such the Encyclopedia Suggestion List
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:29 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
As for duplicate tasks, IMHO if we are going to go it, we should start a new thread, and ask that it be stickied, rather than, say, using an existing thread such the Encyclopedia Suggestion List

In fact, there is already a treat on duplicate tasks. I already entered some duplicates there (from time to time in a new post to get it on top of the treat list again), but since it's not sticky, it already got lost on the second page again.

P.S. dormcat, I admit that "linguistic consultation" is certainly correct. I made the mistake of expecting a more fluent sounding task name (linguistic advise or something like that)
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quote
Not quite a duplicate, but about a company: Slayers Premium Production committee needs the "c" in "committee" capitalized. I entered it without looking at it closely. ^_^;
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
woelfie wrote:
Maybe Dan might tell us whether or not it's easier to make the corrections now that we've compiled the information.

Thank you woelfie for the superb research work. This makes my life a lot easier. Thank you doc-watson too.

woelfie wrote:
If not, he can provide us with the format which will make it just a copy/paste job.

Well... since you're offering... it would make my life even easier if the list was organized like this:
where companies id 234 & 345 should be merged into 123, and companies 567 & 678 should be merged into 456. In cases were the correct name is not in the encyc, you can create it by adding a company to an anime and deleting if right afterward. But please only include companies that you KNOW are duplicates. Once merged, it is impossible to undo the process, so I'm a little paranoid about merging. For example, I doubt that Xebec and Xebec M2 are the same thing. As another example, in the past Shogakukan and Shogakukan Productions were merged when in fact they are two distinct entities. So basically, companies should not be merged based on the similarity of the name alone. There needs to be more solid proof than that, but woelfie seems to have mostly provided that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 34