• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:00 am Reply with quote
So it's finally over. The finale didn't hit me with the force it would have if I could have magically implanted all the prior content in my brain so that it was super fresh, but it still managed to get me in places: the death of Hange and other emotionally charged moments. I will definitely do a franchise rewatch at some point and I think that will help both my understanding and appreciation for this show as a whole. It's hard to assimilate it all when you've watched episodes as they came out with years in between instalments. However, I believe this will remain a "touchstone" anime like NGE or Cowboy Bebop - something that has life well beyond its original run.

My next task is to watch/rewatch all the OADs. I'm pretty sure I've already seen No Regrets, Part 1 & 2, but I don't think I've seen the others.
ACxS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:10 am Reply with quote
Wow, after 10 long years, the story is finally over.

Rather than debating whether I am wholly satisfied with how the final episode is handled, I am just more satisfied that we have finally seen the grand finale. Closure is the only thing I wanted from this series. There are a number of shows out there that have gone past its best-before date wayyyy too long, and I just wanted them to end when they should.

AoT was solid at the start and it got amazingly better season after season, and when MAPPA took over the helm, things just went through the roof (segue: MAPPA always seems to make things better; they're red-hot but man, I worry about the staff's overwork). The final 2 episodes feel like 1 gigantic movie, and personally, I was very happy with how the story wrapped up for good.

Clearly, it was one of MAPPA's best productions to date, and though I was frustrated by the naming convention (Final Chapter Part 4 Part 2, wait what--), overall, the entire series was paced out rather well. The season after the time skip is the best one IMHO, and in retrospect, AoT has been one hell of an epic ride.

I will give this episode 9/10. It's just happy it is over and that I can finally move on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 107 of 107